Meet the Owners!
We are Jeff and Mary and we live in Barnegat, NJ. We have a 3 ½ year old son, Nicholas, who was diagnosed with ASD at 2 years old. As a stay at home mom, I was always looking for a place to take Nicholas where he could be himself and learn and grow. Having ASD made that very difficult being there aren’t many places in our community that specifically cater to our kiddos.
I read about the grand opening of We Rock the Spectrum – Mount Laurel and knew we had to make the trip over and check it out. From the moment we walked in, we saw that We Rock was exactly what our community needed! We made a call to We Rock Corporate for information on opening our own gym, and the rest is history!
Not only did my son have a blast, but we, as his parents, were able to ‘breathe’ knowing our son was safe and felt wanted there. I not only opened a We Rock for kids in our community, I also did it for the parents. I know the stress of having to take our kids places and hoping for a successful outing (or at least a judgement-free one!) Here at We Rock, there is no judgement – only fun to be had and support to be given!
Our We Rock gym will offer birthday parties, private playdates, special events and class trips. Our future plans are to include Break Time, Parents Night Out, One-on-One Attendant Care and much more! We would love to hear suggestions from our community as to what you would like to see us offer!
We hope you come out and ‘Rock’ with us soon!
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination